Monday, August 23, 2010

What Fun Days

Well, so far today has been a great day. David didn't have to leave for work until ten o'clock this morning, so it was nice having him around for a few extra hours. He normally leaves the house around 5:15 as it takes him about and hour and a half to get to work. Natalie of course cried when he left. She's such a Daddy's girl. So I have been puttering around the house. I got the playroom cleaned up finally and realized that my daughter has way too many toys. That she doesn't play with. Or needs. So, purging I went. And I purged. It felt so great when I was finished. Naturally as I was putting toys in the "yard sale pile" she starts yelling "Mine! Mine toys!". She starts playing with them, and she hasn't played with them for like months on end. As I was nearing the end of my purging spree, I stopped and realized that Natalie wasn't in the playroom any longer and it was awfully quite. Sawyer was in his "Jumping Johnny" (which he absolutely loves), but Natalie was nowhere to be found. So I searched the house and found her in her bedroom, in the corner, rubbing "cream" all over her body. And it wasn't "cream". It was sunblock. A whole lotta sunblock. In fact, the whole bottle of sunblock. All over the place. In the carpet, on her clean clothes that she had managed to pull out of her drawers, on her Sunday shoes that she was wearing with her clean pajamas. I had to stop in my tracks when I saw her, and turn around and go out of the room so she wouldn't see me laugh. All I could do was laugh. So, here I was at 12:15, right before our lunchtime, stripping her down to give her a bath. Oh what fun days these are!

I sit here now, in the quite hour of naptime, blogging, and wondering about what I'm going to fix for supper. I have GOT to get back to menu planning. And couponing. I used to be very into couponing, and it was saving us a lot of money each month. But, I kinda got burned out. Know what I mean? I was pouring over ads, online, and different blogs, searching for the lowest deal. I felt I was spending way too much time on it. But, I can tell a difference in our budget and our meals. I hate it when the clock reaches 5:00, and I stand in front of the refrigerator or pantry wondering what I am fixing for supper that needs to be ready by 6:30. No more of that! Anyhoo, I guess I need to get in that kitchen, and think of something good to fix!

Thanks for stopping by! Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. I do that, too if I don't meal plan. I'll find myself (like right now) chilling out and thinking when 5:00 rolls around "Oh, I was supposed to be cooking." I try to plan my meals every Sunday night for the next week. It helps to already have in mind what needs to thaw, etc. And I understand how couponing can cause a burnout. Every once in awhile I'll find a new dish to add to our menu from my coupon items and it keeps me going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a slow cooker. I put meat in the night before or in the early morning before kids leave for school. Cook on low. Larger packs of meat cheaper by the pound. I rebag in freezer bags the amount we need for a meal It has been a great help to me. I wish I had it along time ago. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete