Sunday, May 2, 2010

What's Happening Lately

Well, things have been busy here around the Black shack. I seem to finally be adjusting to life with two small children. I love it. At times it seems chaotic, like, when I'm rocking Natalie for her nap and Sawyer is in his bed crying/screaming because he's hungry. But, I just have to roll up my sleeves and just get by. I have so much admiration for my sister who has 4 children under the age of five. I hope to have the wisdom she has to raise my two children and hopefully more!

Natalie is doing great these days! The training sessions seem to be moving right along. She seems to be obeying these days on the first command. But, there are days where she needs discipline. She is staring to put more sentences together, and it is soooo cute. I love her little voice. For instance, I can say, "I love you, Natalie", and she will say "Wub you". It is so precious. It's hard to imagine she will be two in August!

Sawyer is doing great, too! He is now three months old! I took him last Thursday to have his pictures made, and he did so good! They turned out wonderful! He's more photogenic than Natalie was at that age. His little personality is shining through now. He loves for you to talk to him, and his little nostrils will flare, and he'll start cooing at you. It's so sweet.

I have totally been inspired by the book Passionate Housewives Desperate For God. It has so changed the way I look at my roll as a wife and homemaker. I encourage every woman no matter what age or season in life they are in to read this book. One point in the book that has really stuck with me is that in order for me to be fulfilling my role as wife, mother, homemaker, etc., I need to live as Christ. And, I know you're thinking, "Shouldn't every born-again Christian live as Christ?". Yes, but I never saw it in this light. The Bible speaks that Christ came not to be served, but to serve others. HELLO! Every day as Christians we must die to self to live for Christ, and as wives/mothers/homemakers we must die to self to serve our family. That's what we were created for. To be a help meet for husband, and therefore taking care of our family! I never saw it in that light before. This age that we live in is so set on "self". I know there are days where I just want "me time". But, that's not what it needs to be about. My "me time" needs to be about my husband and children! Please, if you have the time, read this book. But don't overlook the most important one, God's Word.

I know this post was scattered and I hope to be back to blogging regularly. I have been away so long! I now have to get off here and work on my menu plan for the week! Have a great week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment