Sunday, May 2, 2010

These Little Feet

I was sitting in church this evening and had to go back to the nursery to nurse Sawyer. As I sat there on the couch, I was checking him over. Any time I'm feeding him I always look at him. Look in his ears, rub his head, rub his feet. As I was looking at his feet - so tiny they are. Then I thought, "Someday, these little feet will be bigger than mine". That thought sadden me. Natalie and Sawyer will be grown one day. And that one day will come so soon. They will be older longer than they will be young. And that made me realize that all those times that I "need" to get things done around the house as Natalie looks up to me and says "holds you" can wait. It won't be too much longer and she will not won't me to "holds her". Ah, these fleeting years. They too shall pass. The laundry, it will be there tomorrow. The dust bunnies can enjoy being there one more day. The bathrooms can mildew one day longer. I don't want to look back on these years when my children are gone and wish I had held my babies longer. Mothers, let us love on these little feet all we can, for these little feet will soon be grown.

1 comment:

  1. So true, yet so hard to remember sometimes!
    Speaking of little feet makes me remember hearing Luke and Chloes' feet smacking on the hardwood when they would run around at our old house. Sniff, sniff :(

    ReplyDelete