Thursday, March 4, 2010

Natalie

My little darling. She is the most precious child ever. She is such a funny little thing, too. Let me tell you a little about Miss Natalie. She was born on August 27, 2008. She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. She was a very good baby. She cut her first tooth at eight months old and started walking at 13 months old. Her first was deer, and now she repeats EVERYTHING she hears. She loves chocolate milk, Goldfish, bananas, and her daddy. She is such a daddy's girl, and that's ok with me. I want her to think the world of him.

I am currently working hard on training her. And, let me tell you it's a struggle. I do, however, realize that training is a continuous process that will never stop until she leaves home. But, getting the initial training started as been such heartache. I think more so for me than her. I feel like she hates me. I know that I am with her more than David, so I feel like she thinks I'm the mean one. I pray so fervantly for God to give me wisdom and knowledge to do the best I can in raising her. The Bible says in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it." That is my goal.

I'm learning myself as I am training her, but I know that it is what is best for her. I cannont spare the rod. The rod of correction. And, it can be tough at times, all times, actually, to discipline her. But Proverbs also tells us in 19:18 to "Chasten thy so while there is is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying." This gives me comfort knowing that I am training her as the Lord wants me to.

The Book of Proverbs has such great insight and advice for our everyday living. Just about everything you can think of, it's in there. God knew we would need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment