Thursday, August 26, 2010

WORD Wise Wednesday

Well, sorry this is day late. Things got kinda crazy around here yesterday evening. I had to work, and there were so many things around the house that needed to be done in preparation for the two parties we're hosting this week.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethen, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not vain in the Lord.

Now I know we can apply this to our daily walk with God, ministering to others, as we should, but lately I have been struggling with my domestic life. You know, the whole wife, mother, housewife, homemaker, keeper at home, etc. Somedays if feels as if everything I do is not getting a job done. Especially in the mother field. You see, we have reached the "Terrible Two's" here at the Black Shack, and it seems to be affecting me. More than it probably should. When I came across this verse while reading, I just saw it in a new light. I feel my child training is completely in vain. But I need to be "stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord". Well, being a mother and all those other things is the work of the Lord. He has given me these special tasks to take care while here on the earth. So I need to lean on Him for strength and ask Him for wisdom. I'm so glad I saw this verse differently. It's just what I needed. Isn't God wonderful?!

No comments:

Post a Comment